Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:: Home :: Profile :: Photos :: Linking Here ::

 

Friday, September 23, 2005

My Treasures, Your Rubbish?

Checked my pigeon-hole yesterday right after lunch and found an envelope with cellophane tape all round it for protection. Looked at the customs declaration sticker and it has "threads" written on it. Yessss, more stash and this time its the "Indulge Yourself - Fine Wines & Spirits" Collaboration Pack which I had ordered through The Dye Is Cast.

When I placed the order, I had the intention to give away some of the items as a Fall Exchange to my secret pal. Now that I've gone through the fabrics and floss, I want them all! What's new? lol

On a different note, I've read in someone's blog today why she started to blog - to stay in touch with her twin daughters. While blogging, she discovered some bloggers that cross-stitch and how she was inspired by them. She opined that with her finished cross-stitched projects, she may be leaving some heirlooms behind when she's gone. Is this indeed the case?

Co-incidentally, I'd discussed with my colleagues at lunch yesterday that when I'm gone, what would happen to my cross-stitch projects and stash and, for that matter, my recipe books, smocking mags, etc? They would definitely be of no interest to my DS but what about my DD? Would she treasure them as I did and retain them as keepsakes of her mum? Or, I'll "see" them being auctioned off in e-bay? More likely the second.

Category: [ramblings]

3 Comments:

Blogger cathymk said...

I sometimes worry what will happen to my stitching when I'm gone too. I have no children to treasure it, 3 neices and nephews though and I'm hoping they'll understand the effort that went into their creation. Gawd - I hope they don't end up on ebay - best start making that clear to everybody!

Saturday, September 24, 2005 6:37:00 AM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

i worry too... i don't know if my two girls will be a keen needleworker. oh well, maybe I can draw a will...

Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger June said...

Thanks Cathy and Harsha for your comments. Maybe we will feel consoled to think that at least they brought pleasure to us this lifetime. This shouldn't keep us from stitching. Let us needle on!

Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The End.
a