Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:: Home :: Profile :: Photos :: Linking Here ::

 

Saturday, January 28, 2006

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me


chomps Cookie Monster. Yes, Chinese New Year is but tomorrow (29 January) and for the past one month I have been slaving away in my kitchen practically every night baking cookies. Since I hold a full time job from 9-5 and work 5 1/2 days per week, week-days will see me baking from 8pm-12am right after dinner.

The three types of cookies that I bake are: London almond chocolate cookies, pineapple tarts and almond crisps. Why do I need a month to bake? I can't bake fast enough compared with the rate my kids consume them. lol I am not complaining though as I just love to bake.

To all my Chinese friends, "Gong Xi Fa Cai". May the Year of the Dog bring you Good Health, Good Luck and Prosperity.

To Von: Thanks for your concern. I'm having a break for 5 days for the Chinese New Year and thus will be able to give my ankle a rest.

Category: [cooking]

3 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

June, I'm glad you have several days off, but I'm still not convinced you'll be giving youself a rest!! Are you baking cookies sitting down??
In our family, my sister is the Cookie Queen, as well as the Pie Maven! I am the bread baker :) I do my share of cookie baking, but if she's coming for a holiday - she's bringing the cookies, lol!!
You are baking some lovely recipes - yum!

Sunday, January 29, 2006 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Sure looks yummy..June, Gong Xi Fa Cai to you & family
~ Lillie

Saturday, February 04, 2006 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Happy New Year! I am sure you quite relieved of having time from baking now :-) Leaves time to stitch!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 5:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The End.
a