Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:: Home :: Profile :: Photos :: Linking Here ::

 

Friday, February 10, 2006

Private Bookmark Exchange

I've entered a private bookmark exchange with Lillie and this is what I've received from her today. There was no deadline set for either of us but you can see that she's a fast stitcher whilst I'm.....


Lillie did mention that she's trying out something new. I am not sure if its her first at hardanger or at Chinese knot tying. Either way, I'm the beneficiary of it. Lucky me. Don't you think that this bookmark is reflective of what's being celebrated now and what's coming round the corner? That's right, Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day! The colours do tell the same tale. Blue for romance and red (hearts) for passion, love and lust... hmm. Red is also for "ong" or lucky in Chinese. How clever of you, Lillie, to think of these.

Thank you so much for this, Lillie. Hardanger is on my to-learn list. You seemed to be able to read my mind as you have just given me a close-up of what its like. I can't say that I'm dancing with joy as my ankle still hurts BUT you can say that my mouth is a mile wide and I cannot wipe the smile off.



Category: [cross-stitch]

4 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Hi June!
Lillie's bookmark is beautiful!! I'd ever heard of Chinese knot tying so I learned something new today. :D If it's anything like shuttle tatting, I would be a total failure, lol!
I hope this encourages you to try a hardanger project. Once you do one, you'll wonder why you ever hesitated!!

Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:55:00 AM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

Lovely bookmark!! i think Lillie has been doing chinese knot tying for quite some time.. so that something new must be hardanger! Congrats Lillie...!

Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

June, you've made me walk on air !
Glad that you liked the bookmark. Thanks Harsha, you've got it right...finally found the courage to cut those threads, and thank you too, Von.
~ Lillie :D

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 1:12:00 PM  
Blogger Za said...

Love the bookmark, Lillie! U are very lucky, June!

Eerr..by the way I cudn't help smiling reading about ur nagging ur DS and DD! LOL!

Nik

Sunday, February 26, 2006 12:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The End.
a