Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:: Home :: Profile :: Photos :: Linking Here ::

 

Friday, February 24, 2006

Sydney, here he comes

My DS has been air-borne now for 3 hours heading for Sydney. Although he's flying back for his third year in U, I still feel the lump in my throat and the ache in my heart. I'm missing him already.

The silly boy got himself drunk last night when he got together with his friends. While this was the first time it happened and while we try to be understanding parents that things like these happen but to do it just a day before he's due to fly was rather foolish of him. We don't want him to have a hangover when he's on the plane. His Dad lectured him in the morning and he did have the decency to look sheepish and apologetic.

He must be glad to be rid of us as after the above incident, it was my turn to nag him. Make sure you have your passport and air-ticket in sight, look after your wallet, eat well and sleep less, girl friends can wait but studies come first, write home more often, call once you reached Sydney and the list goes on... all the way to the airport. I can just imagine him doing the jig and shouting "freedom at last" once he walks past immigration and out of our sight, lol.

Well, I may see him in July when there's a 3-week break. If not, then end of the year. In the meantime, I can continue to nag at my DD.

Category: [ramblings]

1 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Oh, I do hope you get to see your ds in July! Seems a long time from now. Hope he doesn't repeat his performance of his last night home. Does seem to be something most kids have to experience.
Hope you have a great week, June!!

Monday, February 27, 2006 1:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The End.
a