Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:: Home :: Profile :: Photos :: Linking Here ::

 

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Back to School?

Well, sort of. I'll be resuming my Chinese brush painting tomorrow but first thing first. I have to make sure that my art supplies are all intact.

Brushes? Check. In fact I'm happy the way they are hanging pretty now on the brush stand given to me by my niece's BF. Its not only for aesthetic reason that brushes are hung this way but that this willl prevent water from logging at the brush head and dislodging itself from the handle. Can' t bring the stand along for lesson so I'll make do with this bamboo holder.

Rice paper? Right, I'll need to cut them to different shapes and sizes. Some squares, circles, fan shapes, rectangles perhaps... Check.

Paints? They are as dry and cracked up as I am! Haha... but not difficult to remedy as all I need to do is to pour in enough water and stir till its back to a constituency of double cream again. Yucks! I can see that the white and brown paints have gone mouldy and this could be due to the fact that I had added in water that's not too clean the last time. Hmm, I may have taken the short-cut of adding water from the pail where I washed my brushes. Check? Check.

My porcelain palette and black ink are intact so it's check and check.

Now, I'm off to practise on my last lesson so I have some homework to pass up.


Category: [chinese brush painting]

3 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

I'm so excited to see your paintings, June, and to hear about your classes! My 17yo dd is artistic and will be especially interested in hearing about your class. She very much likes Oriental art.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:47:00 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Dat's great! Do post your pieces June...
~ Lillie :D

Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

that sounds very interesting! show us your works!

Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The End.
a