Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:: Home :: Profile :: Photos :: Linking Here ::

 

Friday, April 28, 2006

A bookmark for Lillie

A chat on the EMS Board landed with Lillie and I making a pact to do an exchange of bookmarks. Whilst we had agreed that there'll be no deadline, Lillie had stitched and sent hers off to me in early February this year. I can only fulfil my side of the bargain now. Sorry, Lillie.

Here I had stitched for Lillie one of two bookmarks by Dimensions known as "Elegant Bookmarks". As you can see, the bookmark is densely packed with stitches to bring out the flowers, some done in half stitches. The top and bottom is more or less a repeat in the design though they face opposite directions. The border (and this is what I like best of this bookmark) has a lacy effect due to the rendering of the backstitches. On the reverse, I had left it rather plain with just a monogram by Sajou bearing Lillie's initial. With both pieces cut to matching size and backs facing, I had joined them with the zig-zag feature of my machine. I then stringed three of the floss colours used in the design through the top middle of the bookmark, twisted them to form a cord, knotted it and this is the end result.


Category: [cross stitch]

2 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

June, your bookmark is very lovely! I'm sure Lillie will enjoy using it. :D

Monday, May 01, 2006 2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Yep ! Lucky me, Was jumping for joy when it came in the mail, am the proud owner of it now. Its very sepcial coz this was made specially for me. Thanks June, you are a jewel.
Enjoy your trip which is soon, and brings back lots n lots of stash! :D
~ Lillie

Friday, May 19, 2006 8:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The End.
a