Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:: Home :: Profile :: Photos :: Linking Here ::

 

Friday, April 07, 2006

Spring Exchange

Now that it has reached its destination, I share with you here the Spring Tulip I'd stitched for Svenja from Germany, my spring exchange partner at SBEBB. The pattern for this was taken from April 2004 JCS and finished off as an eyeglasses case.

Stitching this piece represents many firsts. Its the first time I'd stitched a project of mine on linen. I had to frog on many occasions due to mis-counting. Hey, I have to live up to my name, right? Lol. The result is that much finer than on Aida. Its my first on this BB. First time stitching over one and eagle eye Svenja noticed it on the monogram "S". Lastly, its a major first for me to finish this off as something. To-date, the only other piece that I had finished off was a bookmark but that was easy piecey. I thought I had it all figured out when I chose this design as the finishing instructions were given. But, no Siree, I had to do it differently. However, the few lessons of sewing I had, paid its dues as I managed. Not that neat a finish but can lah, huh?

Along with this eyeglasses case, I've enclosed some little goodies: a wine jacket with a Chinese knot scrunchy to go over the wine jacket (like a necktie round a collar); writing papers depicting our Malaysian lifestyles, a veneer bookmark of our traditional baju kebaya and some floss in Svenja's favourite colour - red.

Enjoy and remember me when you use them, Svenja!



Category: [cross stitch]

3 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Yay, June! Your first piece on linen!! I haven't stitched on aida for years, now that I've gotten used to the linen. Your finishing skills are top notch. You've done some sewing before, haven't you?! Or your natural talent is just oozing out your fingers, lol!

Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

you did a lovely job :)

Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger z_mnor said...

This is beautiful.....!!!

Your 1st time on linen and you stitched 'over one'? And your 1st major finishing off - eyeglass case? Wow, it's so neat, hats off to you.

Monday, April 10, 2006 7:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The End.
a