Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:: Home :: Profile :: Photos :: Linking Here ::

 

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Two weeks and still counting

Just if you are wondering why I have not been blogging lately, it was due to my modem acting up. And a month at that. It could have been rectified sooner except that with no computer techy people at home, we had to rely on my DS's classmate, Kok Jin, to bail us out. Kok Jin stays less than 5 minutes away from us but now that he's twinning at U of Nottingham in Semenyih, he comes back only during the week-ends. In between building a computer from scratch for his big bro, being a filial son to his parents and preparing his course work at U, he came by today to help out. It was a pretty simple problem, something to do with the modem settings. Thank you, Kok Jin, and I'm sorry to take away your precious time from your loved ones especially when today is your birthday. Happy Birthday, Kok Jin!

In two weeks' time I'll be off to London and Paris! Yes, I'm on the Da Vinci Code trail sans Edinburgh. Nah, just kidding. I'll be 50 in June and in the hotel industry here, that's the females' retirement age. Beats me why we need to retire so early... Anyway, I have to take this one month break before I can go back to work on a contractual basis and with some leave accumulated, I have decided to spend this time with my Mum in UK. Since MAS (Malaysian Airlines) has removed the Kuala Lumpur-Manchester route, I'll be flying in to London first on 14 June. Stay 3 nights in London and hop onto the Eurostar for 2 nights in Paris before I go back to London to continue my journey up to Scarborough, Yorkshire, where Mum stays. I don't know if I'll wear my welcome off during my month stay there but I hope we'll be able to have some quality time together. Mum had her womb removed due to ovarian cancer more than a year ago and due to her age, she's still pretty weak and most times, she's in pain. I'll see if I will be able to care for her and cook her some decent meals during this short time I'm there. My step-dad, Walter, is a hopeless cook and housekeeper.

Coming to my time in London and Paris, I had been scouring for places to visit and to stash in both places on the net with what limited time I have on the office computer. In fact during this week, I had made a nuisance of myself by writing to Isabelle and AngelSan for their assistance. Both ladies were kind enough to give me some pointers despite their busy schedule, especially Isabelle who is doing her PhD. Thank you, thank you, Isabelle and San.

In the event there are some of you who read this post and who knows of some good places to visit and to shop for stash in either London or Paris, please do get in touch with me. I don't think I'll be blogging until I come back on 20 July. See you!

Category: [ramblings]

4 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

You are most welcome June :) It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance! I hope you'll have a wonderful with your Mum and then in London and Paris.

(I would love to visite Yorkshire some day BTW, the main character in the novels I study for my PhD comes from there and it significantly marks his personality ;))

Have a great time!

Sunday, May 28, 2006 1:06:00 AM  
Blogger Von said...

June, how wonderful to get so much time off to celebrate your birthday!! I've been missing you and now here you go running off. I've been away from the computer quite a bit myself these last couple of weeks.
Perhaps you can check in now and then while you're gone. Regardless, have a wonderful time - you deserve nothing less! And Happy Birthday!!

Sunday, May 28, 2006 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Shanny Khoo said...

Hi June! How nice to be celebrating your birthday in London and Paris! :) I do hope that you mum gets better! Do give me a holler or an email even for I'm just 2 country away; Switzerland.

I myself will be in Paris on 24 June for about a week or so. And also doing stash shopping then! :)

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Hi June
Here's wishing you a very happy birthday, guessed it's gonna be a great
birthday this year...with lots of stashing in London and Paris...Enjoy !

Yup1!..look out! I might sneak into your luggage !!! ROTFLOL
:D Lillie...kiddiiiiing !

Friday, June 09, 2006 3:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The End.
a