Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:: Home :: Profile :: Photos :: Linking Here ::

 

Sunday, November 12, 2006

You are cordially invited

to the above chinese ink painting exhibition if you happened to be in the vicinity of Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur anytime from now to 30th November 2006. Being exhibited are 87 paintings done by members of the Malaysia Chinese Ink Painting Society where I'm a life member. If any of the paintings takes your fancy and you would like to own an original ink painting, just walk up to the gallery owner and pull out your credit card as most of the paintings are up for sale.

I was there at the official opening of the exhibition last Sunday, 5th November, as one of my paintings was selected out of the 300+ shortlisted. I painted this just before I left for UK in June and when I resumed my lessons in August, my teacher told me about this upcoming exhibition and asked me to submit it for the committee's consideration. It took the committee a month to select the 87 paintings. We were not told how much our paintings were to be priced at and I was like, perhaps RM500 the most since my last painting was priced at a measly RM70! I walked and I walked in search of my painting and found it at the end of the gallery and imagine my joy when I saw that my painting was tagged at RM1,500. Yeah! Now I've got to look for a buyer. Haha...


In the event you are wondering if I did the calligraphy, the answer is no. My teacher wrote them and its about these two birds seeking shelter from the rain under some foliages found at a pond during spring time. Its dusk and the farmers are back home after a hard day's work. The birds are happy and contented where they are now - safe and sheltered.

Category: [chinese brush painting]

2 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Your painting is spectacular, June! It sounds like you're very pleased at the asking price and it seems worth it to me! :D

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 6:14:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Braun said...

Hi there!

I did most of my Chinese here in the UK, at the University of Leeds, where I now work.=) I spent a year in Taiwan though, during which time I made the most progress. Could do with going back as things are getting rusty now....

Writing is the first skill to go....=(

BAO Lisha=)

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 9:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The End.
a