Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:: Home :: Profile :: Photos :: Linking Here ::

 

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thread Catcher Lesson from Jo

After our NnC Anniversary (read my last post), Nik and I made a date with Jo to give us a lesson on how to sew the thread catcher that she made for the exchange gift. So right after work yesterday, I drove to Jo's place. I arrived about 2.30pm, the same time as Florence, Jo's friend, who was there to join in the lesson too. Nik arrived a short while later.

Nik and I had so much fun doing the thread catcher together with Jo guiding us. I was forever going, "Nik, wait for me. Don't go so fast" and "Oops, I pressed the wrong button again, Jo". You see, I'm so kiasu and Nik was always a step ahead of me so I have to ask her to slow down. Besides, I'm not familiar with the Rolls Royce of a sewing machine that Jo allowed me to use, her Bernina!!! I went pressing all the buttons except the correct ones so it kept beeping at me. I could have used my Janome that I had brought along but since Jo offered the use of her machine, I did not hesitate. I wanted to try it out.

We were so engrossed in finishing the thread catcher that we lost track of time. It was fast approaching 6.30pm so we decided to continue working on the thread catcher at home. With Jo's explanations, we were pretty sure that we could finish it off on our own. We packed up and Jo brought out some Malay kuih for tea. Before we both hit the road, we went through some stash that Jo wanted to let go. You see, Jo had just re-organised her sewing room earlier in the day and decided to give up cross stitching, stamping and macrame for good. What a pity but that's to my gain. I off-loaded some items from her at a real bargain.

Today, I continued to work on the thread catcher and am glad that I managed to finish it. I had initially intended to RAK someone with this but I'm gonna be a bit selfish. I'm going to keep it for myself.

thread catcher - full view


thread catcher - close up of pincushion


Category: [needle work]

9 Comments:

Blogger Alberta said...

Love your thread catcher! The whimsy of the fabric can't help but bring a smile to your face, even on the dullest day.

Monday, November 26, 2007 1:45:00 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Well done indeed.

Friday, November 30, 2007 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Shanny Khoo said...

WOW!

So nice one ler! hehehehe... Jenome also not bad for a machine. Berninas are expensive, even here in Swissy land! :p But don't you just love all those buttons? hehehehe...

Sunday, December 02, 2007 4:56:00 AM  
Blogger K.C. Wong said...

Hi June,

Really nice blog, keep it up and here's wishing you

Fun, Happiness and Success

Happy New Year 2008

Saturday, January 19, 2008 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hi June, Thanks for dropping by my blog! Dont you thinks its about time to update yours! Wanna see pictures of the China trip you made recently!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Wei wei,

Its almost a year since your last entry.... Still not enuf rest ah!

Get to it! updating your blog!

p.s. did you managed to get the pink cutlery to complete your bento collection? Post lah picture so that I may be able to add to your collection lah!

Thursday, October 23, 2008 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger June said...

Haha... Emily. I'm working on it. I'm having difficulties in recalling past events to blog about. Maybe I'll make it an anniversary before I return to blogland.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Its 30th November 2008.....

Sunday, November 30, 2008 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Here is me wishing you a Happy, Safe, Productive and Prosperous 2009 ahead!

weiiiiii where's the update!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The End.
a